Question #1: Do You Abide by Fiduciary Duty?
Yes are a fee only fiduciary. We have a legal responsibility to act solely in our client’s financial interest. As a part of this standard, we must:
- Put our clients’ best interests before our own
- Act in good faith and provide all relevant facts to clients.
- Avoid conflicts of interest and disclose any potential conflicts of interest to clients.
- Do our best to ensure the advice we provide is accurate and thorough.
- Avoid using a client’s assets to benefit ourselves.
Question #2: Do You Have Any Disclosures on Your Record?
No, you can review our form ADV here. You can also do a broker check for past history via the FINRA website BrokerCheck - Find a broker, investment or financial advisor (finra.org)
Question #3: What Services Do You Provide?
We provide a thorough array of services in addition to investment management, such As:
- Retirement planning
- Trust and estate planning
- Tax planning
- Educational expense planning
- Insurance planning
- Cash flow planning
- Business strategy and financial planning
- Real Estate investing analysis
Question #4: What Types of Clients Do You Specialize in Serving?
Our service offerings are built to assist the average consumer. However, our thorough more thorough engagements we specialize working with retirees, professional service small businesses and real estate investors.
Question #5: Do You Require a Specific Minimum Investment?
We do not have a specific investment minimum however we only manage assets for new clients that are under the builder or collaborator package.
Our fees are:
Starter: $550 a year or $50 a month
Builder: $1100 a year or $99 per month
Collaborator: Our minimum client fee is $3K annually. We offer an advice only(no investment management fee; $250-$700 that can be tax deductible to your business), asset management(schedule below) or a combination. The fees can be paid monthly, quarterly or annually. The combination would include a subscription plus an asset management fee. The agreed upon client fee can be reduced by the asset management fee collected quarterly from their investments. The remaining fee, that is paid directly, is reassessed annually.
For example a $200K account breeds a $2K annual fee. The minimum fee paid via credit card or ACH would be $1K.
The fee schedule for asset management is below.
Blended Investment Annual Fee
$0 - $1 mil: 1%
$1 mil - $2 mil: .80%
$2 mil+: .60%
Question #6: What Advisory Certifications Do You Have?
As the lead advisor I, Terrance Hutchins, have the following certifications:
CFP – Certified Financial Planner
EA – IRS Enrolled Agent
CLU – Chartered Life Underwriter
RICP – Retirement Income Certified Professional
Question #7: How Do You Make Money?
We make money from the monthly/annual subscription fee and the asset management fee that is collected from client’s investment accounts.
Question #8: What Extra Costs Should I Be Aware of?
There is no additional cost to be aware of. Our one-time plans, or projects are priced between $1100-$3K.
Question #9: What Is Your Investment Philosophy?
We believe in the long-term value of holding stocks. We believe in global diversification of your investment portfolio. We value minimizing your fund fees through passive management unless there is a compelling reason via a manager otherwise.
We believe there is value in holding a higher concentration of your investments in companies that have great business models and strong financials. We will purchase these stocks based on their current assessment of the intrinsic value. We purchase these in portfolios that you have the option to add a percentage of your overall portfolio.
We also value the role of real estate and/or private business investment in your overall portfolio. We want to assist you in build your financial future in a prudent way that aligns with your long goals and objectives.
Question #10: How Often Do You Communicate With Your Clients?
We hold bi-monthly webinars that any client can attend. One session is themed for that month and the other is an open forum where we address submitted questions. You can submit a question here or send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our communication is based on the offering our client selects.
- Access to a financial management app
- Quarterly progress report tracking your financial progress
- On-demand planning tips as financial situation is updated
- Access to online financial education site
- Unlimited email support
- Unlimited webinar access to live and recorded sessions
- Everything for starter plus
- Annual one-on-one review meeting(s) to update plan
- Comprehensive and holistic financial planning
- 3X annual meeting cadence. Additional meetings added as needed
- Unlimited email/phone support
- Structured planning calendar